- Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, 2 stems each, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 lb. portabella mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 lb. shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 bulb fennel, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small rutabaga, diced
- 5 cups cooked lentils
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 cup cooked cannellini beans
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Duffified Spice
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 3 tbsp chili powder
Optional: 1 lb. chicken thighs, breast, legs, skinned & diced
-All vegetables should be done in a medium dice.
-In a large stock pot, combine all vegetables, herbs & sweat for 8 minutes.
-Add seasoning, tomato juice & water.
-Reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
check for seasoning.
-Stir and chill.
-If adding chicken- dice & sauté, add finished stew over top and serve.